Earth Science Partnership has an opportunity for a UK based graduate Engineering/Environmental Geologist.
An MSc/MEng in a relevant subject is required.
We are a progressive group of engineers, geologists and applied environmental scientists who excel in understanding ground processes and providing effective solutions for a range of public and private clients.
We are certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and are a full member firm of the AGS. Most staff have acheived, or are working towards, IOSH and NEBOSH. We have a contributory pension scheme, generous paid annual leave plus paid Bank Holidays and pay for all professional membership fees (e.g. FGS/CGeol).
We are currently implementing a four-day week (32hrs, full equivalent pay model) and are also fully agile with a mixture of home, office and field based project delivery.
We are seeking a knowledgeable and experienced candidate that has relevant experience with a proven track record or desire to apply their skills to site investigation, engineering/environmental geology and land assessments in the UK. Responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out administrative tasks including desk study information requests;
- Execution of fieldworks including walkover surveys and intrusive investigations as defined in the ESP Safe Systems of Work;
- Accurate technical record keeping, factual and interpretive report writing;
- Production of technical documents and correspondence;
- Risk identification and management;
- To occasionally attend external and internal meetings;
- To undertake briefings to any subcontract staff as required.
The ideal candidate should be educated to MSc level in Geology, Engineering Geology, Earth Sciences or Geotechnical Engineering with a minimum of 2 years’ experience. You should be aware of software such as HoleBase/AGS, and be up to date with the latest industry standards, e.g. EC7, BS5930 and BS10175.
You will need to be organised and self-motivated and willing to work away from home and the office. The role will involve regular individual field visits which could sometimes be at short notice and for extended periods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Strong team player;
- Proven technical ability, commercial awareness and project/people management skills;
- Commitment to meeting client requirements and producing high quality reports;
- Flexible approach to working;
- Able to prioritise workload to deliver to tight deadlines;
- Able to work under own initiative.
Essential Experience and Competencies
- Knowledge of scoping, design, implementation and supervision of investigation and assessment programs;
- Knowledge of analysis and reporting of investigation data (field and laboratory);
- Knowledge of geotechnical/geoenvironmental investigations;
- Knowledge/experience of management and interpretation of data from investigations;
- Project management and liaison with clients;
- Good knowledge of standards and specifications related to geotechnical/geoenvironmental investigations;
- Appreciation of engineering geological and geotechnical assessment techniques and reporting;
- Effective written and oral communications skills.
This is a challenging and rewarding role and an excellent opportunity to join our friendly growing company that invests in and encourages staff development.
To apply, please email your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for receipt of Applications is 12th February 2020
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Generous and commensurate with ability and experience
Please note that we are only able to consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. Earth Science Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer who embraces diversity and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, disability, beliefs, marital status, pregnancy/maternity/paternity, colour, ethnicity, nationality, political opinion or trade union membership/duties (ESP Equality & Diversity Policy applies).