*New vacancies will be posted below*
Part-Time Administration Co-Ordinator
A good standard of education is required.
Location: Taffs Well, Cardiff
Hours of Work: Wednesday to Friday – 9.00am – 5.30pm
Starting Salary Meets Real Living Wage (subject to review depending on skills and experience).
Earth Science Partnership is an ISO/RISQS certified Consultancy of Engineers, Geologists and Applied Environmental Scientists. Additional information about us and our work can be viewed on our website www.earthsciencepartnership.com.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Administration Co-Ordinator to work as part of the ESP Support Team. We are looking for an experienced, well presented, professional, enthusiastic and computer literate Candidate who has a background in administration, experience/interest in procurement and marketing, with excellent communication skills.
- Generate, develop and communicate ideas and methods to improve existing Company literature, website & social media feeds etc.
- Review Company resources and advise/implement new methods of promotion through social media, mail chimp etc.
- Develop and maintain the Company contacts and marketing databases and any other select lists as necessary.
- Assist the Board of Directors with public relations/networking/marketing initiatives/events.
- Attend relevant networking meetings and events as and where appropriate.
- Maintain all relevant procurement portals and identify/implement appropriate contract opportunities as they arise.
- Complete relevant procurement processes and contribute to pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ’s) as appropriate.
- Compile and submit all tender/contract documentation as appropriate in consultation with the Technical staff.
- Provide support to the Office Manager with general Admin, HR and Financial matters (e.g. using Sage 50, processing invoices, paying creditors, chasing debtors etc.), Fleet management and Insurances etc. when required.
- Comply with Company purchase order and invoicing procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of all Company accreditation procedures and documentation (ISO, RISQS, Constructionline, Builders Profile etc.).
- Manage Reception and switchboard as and when required.
- Act as first point of contact for visitors and provide refreshments as required.
- Action correspondence, emails and queries as appropriate.
- Maintain all stationery/stock/equipment and sundry items.
- Manage Petty Cash imprest.
- Maintain administration and archive filing systems.
- Undertake regular audits of the job record sheet, job folders and PO sheet to ensure accuracy of information.
- Provide administrative support to the Technical Team when required.
- Reasonable liaison and assistance to related companies when it is of demonstrable benefit to ESP Ltd and/or Directors.
- Action any other duties associated with this role as required
Desirable Personal Qualities/Competencies:
- Educated to GCSE standard with Grade ‘C’ or above in English and Maths;
- Excellent written/oral English language skills;
- Experience of working in a Commercial Environment;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, Adobe, Powerpoint and Outlook;
- Experience of Social Media i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience of Google Analytics, Mail Chimp and WordPress;
- Experience/knowledge of Sage 50 Accounting package;
- A background or interest in Procurement and/or Marketing;
- Professional telephone manner;
- Proven experience and excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Proactive, meticulous and disciplined approach;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and thrive under pressure;
- A strong team player with ability to work on own initiative;
- A flexible approach and desire to apply and improve skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use discretion and recognise sensitivity of information as appropriate;
This is a challenging and rewarding role and an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and developing Company that invests in and encourages staff development. With previous experience in an administrative position, you will be aware the need for a calm and flexible approach at all times. You will also understand the need for fair, equal and consistent treatment of all staff, clients and external agencies.
To apply, please email your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter highlighting your skills, knowledge and experience, why you are applying for this post and how it relates to your career goals to: email@example.com, quoting reference ESP.295/ACo.
Postal Applications should be sent to:
Earth Science Partnership Limited, 33 Cardiff Road, Taffs Well, Cardiff, CF15 7RB
Deadline for receipt of Applications is Friday, 6th July 2018
Interviews will take place week commencing 16th July 2018
Start Date: ASAP
Please note that we are only able to consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. Earth Science Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer who embraces diversity and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, disability, beliefs, marital status, pregnancy/maternity/paternity, colour, ethnicity, nationality, political opinion or trade union membership/duties (ESP.075 Equality & Diversity Policy applies).
Earth Science Partnership has an opportunity for a UK based graduate Engineering/Environmental Geologist.
An MSc/MEng in a relevant subject is required.
We are a firm of engineers, geologists and applied environmental scientists who excel in understanding ground processes and providing effective solutions for a range of commercial and private clients.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced candidate that has relevant experience with a proven track record or desire to apply their skills in site investigation, engineering/environmental geology and land assessments in the UK. Daily responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out administrative tasks including desk study information requests;
- Execution of fieldworks including walkover surveys and intrusive investigations as defined in the ESP Safe Systems of Work;
- Accurate technical record keeping & factual and interpretive report writing;
- Draft production of technical documents and correspondence;
- Risk identification and management;
- To occasionally attend external and internal meetings and relevant Customer/Supplier meetings;
- To undertake briefings to any subcontract staff as required.
The ideal candidate should be educated to MSc level in Geology, Engineering Geology, Earth Sciences or Geotechnical Engineering with a minimum of 2 years’ experience. You should be aware of software such as HoleBase/AGS, and be up to date with the latest industry standards, e.g. EC7, BS5930 and BS10175.
You will need to be organised and self-motivated and willing to work away from home and the office. The role will involve regular individual field visits which could be at short notice and for extended periods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Strong team player;
- Proven technical ability, commercial awareness and project/people management skills;
- Commitment to meeting client requirements and producing high quality reports;
- Flexible approach to working;
- Able to prioritise workload to deliver to tight deadlines;
- Able to work under own initiative.
Essential Experience and Competencies
- Knowledge of scoping, design, implementation and supervision of investigation and assessment programs;
- Knowledge of analysis and reporting of investigation data (field and laboratory);
- Knowledge of geotechnical/geoenvironmental investigations;
- Knowledge/experience of management and interpretation of data from investigations;
- Project management and liaison with clients;
- Good knowledge of standards and specifications related to geotechnical/geoenvironmental investigations;
- Appreciation of engineering geological and geotechnical assessment techniques and reporting;
- Effective written and oral communications skills.
This is a challenging and rewarding role and an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, progressive and developing company that invests in and encourages staff development.
To apply, please email your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for receipt of Applications is 19th January 2018
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Commensurate with ability and experience
Please note that we are only able to consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. Earth Science Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer who embraces diversity and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, disability, beliefs, marital status, pregnancy/maternity/paternity, colour, ethnicity, nationality, political opinion or trade union membership/duties (ESP Equality & Diversity Policy applies).