Senior Engineering Geologist
Earth Science Partnership has an opportunity for a UK based Senior Engineering Geologist. This is a rewarding role and an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, progressive and respected organisation that invests in and actively encourages staff development.
We are a firm of engineers, geologists and applied environmental scientists who excel in understanding ground processes and providing effective solutions for a range of commercial and private clients.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced candidate that has relevant experience with a proven track record or desire to apply their skills in site investigation, engineering/environmental geology and land assessments in the UK.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out administrative tasks including desk study information requests;
- Execution of fieldworks including walkover surveys and intrusive investigations as defined in the ESP Safe Systems of Work;
- Accurate technical record keeping & factual and interpretive report writing;
- Draft production of Technical Documents and key correspondence;
- Risk identification and management;
- Act as Project Manager on selected commissions;
- Mentoring the Project Engineers on all aspects of their role, leading on CPD and Quality Control, and liaising with Directors on such matters as necessary.
- Review daily, weekly and monthly performance of subcontractors;
- To occasionally attend external and internal meetings and relevant Customer/Supplier meetings;
- To undertake briefings to any junior or subcontract staff as required.
The ideal candidate should be educated to MSc level in Geology, Engineering Geology, Earth Sciences or Geotechnical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years’ experience. You should be aware of software such as HoleBase/AGS and be up to date with the latest industry standards, e.g. EC7, BS5930 and BS10175.
You will need to be organised and self-motivated and willing to work away from home and the office. The role will involve regular individual field visits which could be at short notice and for extended periods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Strong team player;
- Proven technical ability, commercial awareness and project/people management skills;
- Commitment to meeting client requirements and producing high quality reports;
- Flexible approach to working;
- Able to prioritise workload to deliver to tight deadlines;
- Able to work under own initiative.
Essential Experience and Competencies
- Knowledge of scoping, design, implementation and supervision of investigation and assessment programs;
- Knowledge of analysis and reporting of investigation data (field and laboratory);
- Knowledge of geotechnical/geoenvironmental investigations;
- Knowledge/experience of management and interpretation of data from investigations;
- Project management and liaison with clients;
- Good knowledge of standards and specifications related to geotechnical/geoenvironmental investigations;
- Appreciation of engineering geological and geotechnical assessment techniques and reporting;
- Effective written and oral communications skills.
To apply, please email your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to email@example.com.
The deadline for receipt of Applications is the 8th November 2019.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Commensurate with ability and experience
Please note that we are only able to consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. Earth Science Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer who embraces diversity and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, disability, beliefs, marital status, pregnancy/maternity/paternity, colour, ethnicity, nationality, political opinion or trade union membership/duties (ESP Equality & Diversity Policy applies).