Further to a recent appointment, and continued growth, Earth Science Partnership has an exciting opportunity for a UK based Engineering/Environmental Geologist.
We are a progressive group of engineers, geologists and applied environmental scientists who excel in understanding ground processes and providing effective solutions for a range of public and private clients.
We are a Gold Standard Four Day Week company (four days, full pay), are fully agile with a mixture of home, office and field based project delivery and a flexi-time system.
We are certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 and are a full member firm of the AGS. Most staff have achieved, or are working towards, IOSH and NEBOSH. We have a contributory pension scheme, generous paid annual leave allowance, plus paid Bank Holidays and we pay for all professional membership fees (e.g. FGS/CGeol).
We are seeking a knowledgeable candidate with a desire to apply their skills to site investigation, engineering/environmental geology and land assessments in the UK. Responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out administrative tasks including desk study information requests;
- Execution of fieldwork including walkover surveys and intrusive investigations as defined in the ESP Safe Systems of Work;
- Accurate technical record keeping, factual and interpretive report writing;
- Production of technical documents and correspondence;
- Risk identification and management;
- To occasionally attend external and internal meetings;
- To undertake briefings to any subcontract staff as required.
The ideal candidate should be educated to MSc level in Geology, Engineering Geology, Earth Sciences or Geotechnical Engineering with relevant industry experience (2 years minimum preferred). You should be aware of software such as HoleBase/AGS, and be up to date with the latest industry standards, e.g. EC7, BS5930 and BS10175.
You will need to be organised and self-motivated and willing to work away from home and the office. The role will involve regular individual field visits which could sometimes be at short notice and sometimes for extended periods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Strong team player;
- Proven technical ability, commercial awareness and project/people management skills;
- Commitment to meeting client requirements and producing high quality reports;
- Flexible approach to working;
- Able to prioritise workload to deliver to tight deadlines;
- Able to work under own initiative.
Essential Experience and Competencies
- Awareness of scoping, design, implementation and supervision of investigation and assessment programs;
- Awareness of analysis and reporting of investigation data (field and laboratory);
- Experience of geotechnical/geoenvironmental investigations;
- Experience of management and interpretation of data from investigations;
- Project management and liaison with clients;
- Good knowledge of standards and specifications related to geotechnical/geoenvironmental investigations;
- Appreciation of engineering geological and geotechnical assessment techniques and reporting;
- Effective written and oral communications skills.
This is a rewarding role and an excellent opportunity to join our friendly growing company that invests in and encourages staff growth.
To apply, please email your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to email@example.com. Receipt of applications closes on Monday 24th April 2023.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Generous and commensurate/negotiable with ability and experience
Please note that we are only able to consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. Earth Science Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer who embraces diversity and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, disability, beliefs, marital status, pregnancy/maternity/paternity, colour, ethnicity, nationality, political opinion or trade union membership/duties (ESP Equality & Diversity Policy applies).