Through detailed liaison with the client, sub-contractors, site occupiers and major stakeholders (Welsh Government), ESP provided ground investigation services for a large social housing scheme to be completed as part of the wider redevelopment of the Swansea SA1 area.
ESP were engaged to provide ground investigation services to classify geology, assessment of contamination and geotechnical design services for a large (1Ha) social housing development, with the works comprising:
- Field engineer supervision.
- Specialist Unexploded Ordnance advice.
- Borehole and trial pit logging.
- Contamination Risk Assessment.
- Ground gas Risk Assessment.
- Geotechnical Design.
- Interpretive reporting and recommendations.
- Ground investigation.
- Interpretive reporting.
- Identification of source, pathway, receptor relationships.
- Provision of ground gas protection measures.
- Identification of suitable foundations techniques and geotechnical design parameters.