Through detailed liaison with the client and designer, ESP has delivered quality investigation services. There was a high importance on data quality, strict cost control, liaison with stakeholders and multiple land owners/occupiers. ESP maintained consistent service levels throughout the contract.
Proposed link section for the new Bristol Airport trunk road. ESP were engaged to provide ground investigation services to classify the shallow and deep geology comprising:
- Resident engineer supervision.
- Borehole and trial pit logging.
- Trial Pits.
- Windowless Sampling.
- Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Testing.
- Cable Percussion and Rotary Boreholes.
- Borehole Tele-viewer Logging.
- Geotechnical laboratory testing.
- Geoenvironmental laboratory testing.
- Instrumentation of wells with standpipe installations, groundwater piezometers and ongoing monitoring.