The Ground and structural investigation was successfully undertaken in programme and in budget. Including an efficient interface with Network Rail.
ESP are currently appointed as geotechnical experts to provide information on the ground conditions beneath the site in order to allow for the design of a new embankment and sidings for the railway alongside the existing line, and a new railway track and sidings into the new SITA works to the east.
- Cone Penetration Testing, with dissipation testing.
- MOSTAP soil sampling from the CPT rig.
- Cable percussion drilling with the collection of undisturbed samples, Standard Penetration Testing and the installation of groundwater instrumentation.
- In-situ CBR measurement, using a CBR rig and/or plate load tests, and dynamic cone penetration (DCP) testing.
- Resistivity surveying for an earthing structure.
- Monitoring of installations.