Through detailed liaison with the client, contractors and stake-holders, ESP provided ground investigation services culminating in robust risk assessment conclusions which would satisfy the stringent requirements of regulators and no further works were required.
ESP were engaged to undertake a contamination risk assessment to assess conditions surrounding new industrial buildings in the Crymlyn Burrows areas of Swansea and the potential risks to end users and the environment:
- Field engineer supervision.
- Detailed historical Desk Study including a review of previous investigation information.
- Trial Pit and Cable Percussion borehole logging.
- Geoenvironmental testing (Soil, Leachate and Groundwater).
- Detailed assessment to confirm geoenvironmental risk aspects.
- Ground investigation.
- Controlled waters risk assessment.
- Ground gas risk assessment.
- Interpretive reporting.
- Recommendations to control/mitigate potential risks to future end users and construction workers.