Earth Science Partnership is an Achilles LinkUp and RISQS approved business. We provide a number of geotechnical, engineering geology and geoenvironmental services for the rail industry in the UK (Railway Geotechnics).
Our geotechnical and geoenvironmental staff have extensive experience working within the railway industry and understand the specific engineering requirements for the remediation of earthworks and drainage. We can provide logical and practical solutions to restore usability whilst managing potential hazards and risks.
Rail projects carried out by ESP typically range from site investigation, desk studies, design of geotechnical works and remedial solutions, supervision of site works and condition surveys.
ESP staff have specific training related to the rail industry, including Personal Track Safety and relevant Safe Systems of Work.
Our services include:
- Optioneering and Feasibility Studies
- Identifying critical Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental issues
- Engineering design including for construction drawings
- Settlement analysis
- Network Rail approvals – Form 1, Form 2, Form 3 etc.
- Management and coordination of technical and engineering activities
- Desk Study
- Ground Investigation
- Site Walkover and Visual Assessment
- Development of Ground Investigation Scope and Specification
- Ground investigation supervision and post-fieldwork monitoring
- Interpretation of Ground Investigation results
- Slope stability analysis
- Preparation of combined Ground Investigation and Geotechnical Design Reports
- Preparation of remedial options reports with cost/benefit analyses of viable options
- Structural examinations, surveys and assessmentStructural assessment and analysis
- Design of new structures
- Station and platform design/enhancements
- Strategic asset management advice
- Topographic and other measured surveys
- Temporary works design and Risk Assessment
- Embankments – fill and stability analysis
Recent project examples can be found here.